Hair Fall in Men
There is no denying that the biggest concern for most men is losing their hair. But sometimes the reason for that hair fall in men might be something else.
Hair fall or hair loss is more common for men that it is for women. This is an issue that plagues almost half of the men in the world, as their age creeps up. Male pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia is the usual cause for hair fall in men, but there can be other reason that are more temporary in nature. Understanding them and your symptoms can help you correctly identify your issue. This can help you find the right hairfall treatment for men.
Causes of hair fall in men
Every person normally sheds about 50-100 strands a day. The hair fall problem men witness is when this number increases. And the reasons can vary:
- Male pattern baldness can be due to hereditary factors or due to a reduction in hormone levels as you grow older. This is generally out of your control, unless you take hormone supressing medication as a hair fall solution for man.
- Hormonal fluctuations which are not age related can also cause a temporary thinning of your hair. This hairfall in men reason is harder to identify and can cause other issues as well.
- Reaction to medications can be the reason behind a loss of hair throughout your body. This is usually not restricted to your scalp.
- Stress and poor nutrition negatively impact your hair growth. Constant stress releases toxins and hormones that can lead to weaker hair strands that shed easily. Same goes for poor nutritional intake.
- Certain underlying medical conditions, like iron deficiency or high blood pressure, can also aggravate your hair loss. Diabetes can lead to folliculitis that directly affects the hold on your hair strands.
- Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disorder that can result in erratic hair loss. Generally, hair will fall in patches and leave behind clear skin. This occurs when white blood cells attack your hair follicles.
- Poor hair hygiene can lead to blocked pores and inflammation on your scalp. This can weaken your hair follicles and lead to excessive shedding. If not handled in time, it can cause permanent hair loss.
- Dandruff does not cause hair loss directly, but it can worsen hair fall for a person with male pattern baldness. Studies have shown that hair loss increased to 100-300 strands a day for an androgenetic alopecia scalp which suffered from dandruff. If you find a way on how to get rid of dandruff, the hair loss should normalise.
- Tight hairstyles with a lot of hair product can cause damage to your hair and scalp, leading to an increase in shedding. Harsh hair treatment is another reason for hair fall in men.
What can you do to control hair fall?
Sometimes it can feel like there is no hair fall solution for man that will work for you. But there are multiple steps you can take to keep it under control. If it is due to any of the above reasons, you have a shot in finding a way out.
Be gentle with your hair –Use a wide tooth comb, keep a comfortable hairstyle, and use gentler products. This should reduce the overall stress on your hair.
Reduce heat treatment –Avoid blow drying your hair or applying a hot oil treatment. This can sometimes weaken your hair strands and make them shed easily. Also avoid extreme changes in weather, as that contributes to weaker hair roots.
Eat healthy –Increase the nutrition in your diet by adding grains, veggies, lean meats and eggs. You should aim for more iron, protein, omega 3 fatty acids and vitamins in your diet.
Reduce your stress –Go for a walk, exercise, or meditate. Do whatever you can to control your stress level, as it can directly impact your hair loss.
Medical conditions –Check with your doctor if there is any underlying medical issue that is causing your hair loss. Sometimes the answer is lurking beneath the surface.
Cover up –Protect your hair from UV rays, pool chlorine, and other harmful polluting elements, which can degrade the quality of your hair and potentially weaken the strands. Use a cap or a scarf to cover your head.
Hair care –Use a good shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair clean and hydrated. People take this lightly but creating a suitable hair regimen is the best hair fall control men need. Use the Head and Shoulders Anti-Hairfall shampoo that reduces breakage and leaves you with stronger hair.
Medications -Check if any medication is causing this hair fall. Stopping or replacing that medication can possibly be the hair fall solution for man that you never realised you needed.
Argan oil -Massaging oils like Argan oil into your scalp and hair, can boost the overall strength of your hair strand and create a protective layer around it. It can also reduce inflammation and the massaging can increase blood circulation to your scalp.
Dandruff shampoos -If dandruff is the reason for an increase in hair loss, you should use an anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner. Like the Head and Shoulders 2 in 1 Active Protect that can get rid of the cause of dandruff and leave your scalp clean.
Stop smoking -Smoking has shown to directly increase hair fall in men. Cutting smoking and alcohol consumption can help you reduce your hair fall.
If you are suffering from an increase in hair fall, you should try isolating the reason behind it. Maybe it’s something simple that can be fixed easily. The best way to find this out is to visit a doctor and understand the root cause of your ailment. Once you have that answer, you can try the different solutions at your disposal to keep your hair fall under control.