You might think that just washing your hair once in a while is good enough during the summer. But sometimes that is just not enough. Weak summer hair care can lead to various issues that might ruin the season.
Keeping yourself cool in the summer seems logical but keeping your scalp cool is equally important. Your body will sweat as a response to the heat, and your scalp has a large number of sweat pores that leads to a sweaty scalp. This, if not managed well, can lead to itchy bumps on scalp that are hard to deal with. You don’t want to finally get out of your house, and be sporting pimples on head.
Common scalp issues in summer
- Folliculitis – Inflamed hair follicles can be caused by bacterial or fungal infection. Also known as scalp acne, it can create red bumps on scalp. When your sweat evaporates, the salts in your sweat clog the hair roots, leading to pimples on head.
- Itchy scalp – If the sweat is not cleaned off your summer scalp, it can trap dirt and pollution which leads to itchy bumps on scalp.
- Dry scalp – Excessive sweating on your scalp can ironically cause your scalp to dry out. The salt left behind from your sweat can cause scabs on scalp and even pimples on scalp.
- Dandruff – A drying scalp triggers your body to produce more oil. And if this oil isn’t washed off, it becomes feeding ground for Malassezia Globosa which is the dandruff causing fungus.
- Scalp Psoriasis – A rare scalp condition, it is evident when you have raised red bumps on scalp with reddish patches and flaking. This is also made worse by bacteria that thrive on dirty scalps.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis – It has similar causes as dandruff, as it is related to your scalp producing excess oil. Fungus breaks it down into Oleic acid, which can lead to massive itchy bumps on scalp and neck. It is important to not mistake these scabs on scalp for dandruff.
- Hair loss – Not an obvious one, but the salts in your sweat can weaken hair roots and make the hair follicles brittle. This can lead to hair loss especially if you tie your hair up in the summer.
Tips to prevent them
Summer hair care is vital to help you avoid the above-mentioned issues. If the ailment is severe, you should visit a doctor or a dermatologist. But you can also take steps to alleviate the problems.
- Protect your scalp – Cover your head when you’re out in the sun, as this will protect it from overheating and more sweating.
- Washing your hair – It is important to use the right scalp shampoo to clean the dirt and oil which might build up. But it is important to not overwash your hair as that can dry out your scalp.
- Avoid hot showers – Don’t put hot water on an already heated scalp as this will only worsen your problems.
- Stop using Hair tools – Straighteners, curling irons and blow dryers can further damage your sensitive scalp. These can also lead to pimples on head.
- Harsh hair products – Certain chemical can damage your scalp and make it more sensitive to external elements like heat. Choose your products carefully.
Certain home remedies can relieve your scalp issues but be sure to double check before using.
- Diet – It is important to avoid sugar, alcohol and caffeine during hot days. Hydrate your body and increase your omega 3 intake. A good intake of Vitamin E and A will also improve your scalp health.
- Aloe Vera – It can instantly soothe your scalp acne, while moisturising and removing any excess sebum buildup.
- Neem – You can drink it, apply it or even use it as a hair mask. Neem has shown to have anti-fungal properties that could possibly help with pimples on head.
- Essential oils like Argan oil – These are generally rich in Vitamin E, which can boost the life of your scalp and can also protect it from overheating. This is one of the best boils on scalp home remedies.
- Lemon – Lemon juice can help deal with the bumps on scalp. Its anti-microbial properties can act as a dandruff solution by unclogging your hair follicles.
The importance of treating them at the right time
You should enjoy the summer and not be worried about developing any issues. But sadly, these bumps on scalp can just be the start of your troubles. Dealing with these issues at the right time can prevent them from becoming worse. Understanding them is equally important. If you don’t understand your problems, you’ll be looking for a dandruff remedy for boils on scalp. Finding the right treatment can reduce your discomfort and get you through your day without any troubles.
Your hair care is dependent on how you approach it. Those dirty dandruff pimples on scalp need the right shampoo for dandruff. Try the Cool Menthol anti dandruff shampoo to cool down your scalp during the hot days. The Supreme Scalp Soothing Shampoo with Argan oil and Aloe Vera can soothe the itchiness that comes with the boils on scalp. You can also use the Smooth and Silky 2in1 shampoo and conditioner, which can help with your dry summer hair while giving you a dandruff free scalp. Boils on scalp home remedies exist if you search for them. Treat your scalp with the attention it requires, and you’ll be finally have a stress-free summer.