Hair Brushing – Benefits Of Combing Your Hair & How To Do It Properly
Did you know combing is the easiest way to get rid of all your hair related problems? If you are worried about your hair growth or dandruff, the easiest solution to it comes down to combing or brushing. When you brush your hair, it gently gives your scalp massage and that encourages the blood flow through your scalp, which is very important for your hair growth. When you brush through your hair, you remove a little bit of loose hair which is important to keep your hair in shape. People suggest brushing hair 100 times in a go but that is not true and is a myth. Again, the gentler, the better.
So, what is the right way to comb your hair? Is it wet or dry hair that we should brush? Are there different ways of combing hair if you have dandruff? We have answers to all these questions and would want you to read through and find out!
Let’s Brush Up On Some Hair Brushing Benefits.
Brushing your hair gently is like an ultimate solution to your every hair related problem. It can give exactly what you want for your hair without using extra products or tools on your hair. Problems like shine, thinning hair, hair fall, dandruff, flaky scalp can all be solved if you comb or brush your hair regularly and gently.
Time to list a few benefits of brushing your hair on a daily basis!
Makes it shinier
- While taking the hairbrush from root to tip of the hair, the essential hair oils get evenly distributed in the hair and scalp which helps to make your hair become healthier and look shinier, naturally.
- As mentioned, brushing can act as a massage to your scalp and that stimulates the blood flow which ultimately results in hair growth.
- It can also act as a second shampoo. After styling your hair with hair spray and before shampooing, brushing can help you loosen the product.
- It can also help you remove knots before styling your hair and reduces the probability of hair breakage during styling.
So how to comb your hair to get all these benefits? Well, it varies on the state of your hair. Dry hair requires something else while wet hair needs something else. So, let’s figure out the different ways to brush your hair in different states!
Dandruff In Hair? Brush It A Different Way
Dandruff is nothing but a a simple allergy to a dandruff causing fungi called Malassezia. The fungi lives on everyone’s scalp but causes dandruff only when your scalp skin gets allergic. This causes the dead cell shedding to increase manifold causing a build-up which then falls off as dandruff flakes. It is nothing to worry about but yes, it can be very embarrassing to have dandruff in your hair. Therefore, the best dandruff remedy is to brush out the dead skin developed at a very early stage. If you are inconsistent in brushing your hair, you might experience dandruff over time. So, the best way to comb your hair with dandruff is to comb or brush it evenly throughout your hair. Doing this regularly will help you get rid of dandruff and give you naturally shining hair!
One more thing you can do to fasten this process of removing dandruff is to use products that promise dandruff removal with use. Using shampoo and conditioner that can help you get rid of dandruff are always a win-win for your hair. Head & Shoulders offers a wide range of shampoo and conditioner for different types of hair and scalp, which are found to be the most suitable for your hair care routine!
Brushing Dry Hair? Oh Wait, There Are Some Things To Keep In Mind
Brushing dry hair can be very tiring and sometimes frustrating if you are not doing it the right way. All the knots and tangled hair add up to the difficulty in brushing dry hair. Not brushing it properly can cause a lot of hair breakage and hair fall. The best way to comb your dry hair is to comb them in parts and to start midway.
Following are the steps that one can follow to comb their dry hair easily and effectively.
- Start midway. Don’t start from the top and go all the way down as that may cause hair breakage and tangled hair. Start a few centimeters away from the end and brush it down.
- Slowly, cover your entire hair by brushing down in parts. When you have covered your whole hair part wise, start brushing it down evenly from top to bottom.
- Make sure to be gentle on your hair and brush it down slowly and gently. Tangling up with your hair and comb makes it difficult to brush through it and causes greater damage to your hair.
Just like dry hair, wet hair also has some rules to follow in terms of brushing it. Let’s find out what those are!
Wet Hair? Don’t Forget The Brushing Rules!
The only technique while dealing with wet hair is to choose the right comb. You can choose either a wide-tooth comb or a wet comb to brush through your hair without damaging it further. Your hair when wet is at a very fragile stage so it is better to handle it with care.
Following are the steps to follow while combing through your wet hair.
- Start with the end. Comb at the ends for some time and then slowly go up to untangle your hair.
- Again, do it in parts to avoid tangling up your hair.
- Use fingers to untangle a few knots and be gentle on your hair while combing it.
- To avoid tangling your hair, try a leave-in conditioner or oil-based product to smoothen brushing wet hair.
- Once, the hair is knot-free and untangled throughout, you can start brushing it from root to tip and evenly distribute the essential oils present in the scalp or the roots.
- Continue the same for a while and style it the way you want!
The type of hair tool you use shapes a lot of your hair, so it is always better to invest in the quality of your hair tool. Now that we know the different needs of different stated hair, let’s jump on to figure out how often you should brush your hair.
Brushing Hair Again? Don’t!
Did you ever imagine brushing too much could cause hair fall? But again, too much of anything is dangerous and unhealthy. More brushing implies more hair fall which means you should not brush your hair so much. It is recommended to brush your hair twice a day, once in the morning and once in the night right before you sleep. This way the essential oil that exists in the scalp gets evenly distributed throughout the hair which enhances hair growth.
Again, the foremost tip to deal with your hair is to go gentle on them. Moreover, combing hair roughly can cause hair breakage and damage to a greater extent where it might get unmanageable a little later.
Other Tips On How To Remove Dandruff
One of the simple solutions to your “how to get rid of dandruff” query is to use a promising product. Using the right shampoo for dandruff can always help you speed up the process and give you positive results! Well, if you are looking for the right product then Head & Shoulders gives you a wide range of anti-dandruff shampoo for all scalp types, which are clinically proven to work in a positive way!
Head & Shoulder Anti-hair fall Anti- Dandruff Shampoo is the best answer for your how to get rid of dandruff and a flaky scalp query. Similarly, Head & Shoulder Cool Menthol Anti-dandruff shampoo, Head & Shoulder Smooth and Silky Anti- Dandruff Shampoo, Head & Shoulder Lemon Fresh Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, Head & Shoulder Silky Black Anti-Dandruff Shampoo work in the best possible way to help you get rid of dandruff and flaky scalp. It can be used for all hair types and scalp types and will surely give you results that will make you happy. Make sure to try these products out and stick to the one that works the best. Using the right products and techniques can always help you overcome this issue of dandruff and give you healthier hair and scalp!
Celebrate this year with Head & Shoulders and head to 2021 with zero dandruff on your shoulders!