Not sure what you should be doing to look after your hair? Use our men’s guide to hair care for thick and healthy locks.
Like most men, it’s likely that you get out of the shower, rub a towel roughly over your hair to dry, and then drag a comb through to tidy everything up. It’s time to rethink that habit.
Vigorous rubbing and combing can damage and break your hair; use a gentle patting motion when drying your hair instead. Then use a soft-bristled brush to help style.
It’s important to wash frequently. In-between washes, scalp oils, and irritants can build up on your scalp and cause greasiness, itching, and even flaking. Aim to wash your hair at least three times a week to keep your hair & scalp in good condition.
KEEP YOUR SCALP HAPPY
Your scalp is the secret to great hair – when your scalp is in good shape, it can grow strong, healthy-looking hair.
That means to make sure your hair’s getting everything it needs, you need to devote some time to caring for your scalp. This is so that when the new hair grows through it will be strong and well prepared to resist damage throughout its lifespan.
So, use a shampoo for dandruff that focuses on both hair and scalp regularly to address any scalp conditions like dandruff flaking, itch, or irritation, while also removing built-up oils and styling products.
If you use lots of styling products regularly, a deep cleaning shampoo like Head & Shoulders 2-in-1 Active Protect Shampoo can help thoroughly clean away dirt and oil to leave you feeling fresh.
INVEST IN THE RIGHT PRODUCTS
Understanding your hair and scalp is very crucial and using the products which complement them is even more important. All your hair related problems can be solved by looking at the kind of product you use for your hair and how well you take care of your hair. Now talking about the right products, what are they? Right products are the ones that are soft for your hair, protect your hair from breakage, and keeps your scalp moisturized. It is necessary to keep your hair and scalp clean but doing that with the products that also benefit your hair is quite a combo! Using the right shampoo and conditioner can result in the perfect nourishment for your hair and scalp and even protect your shoulders from dandruff!
TIPS TO MOISTURIZE
Consider your hair to be just like your skin. During winters, you can see your skin drying. Similarly, your hair dries up too when it does not get the required amount of moisture that it needs. Conditioning your hair properly and ensuring it remains moisturized always can get you amazing results. Keeping your hair hydrated is very much required for people with dry hair and scalp. It can avoid hair breakage and dandruff which you might be really upset about.
Moisturizing your hair - Do it the right wayMoisturizing your hair should be an important step as a part of your hair care routine. An ultimate solution for your dry hair and scalp is moisturizing. Moisturizing can be done in several ways out of which some are mentioned below:
- Moisture lacks in the ends of your hair and therefore use a small amount of serum to moisture it throughout, evenly. This can avoid split ends and give you better hair locks.
- Styling your hair can lead to dehydrated or un-moisturized hair. To steer clear from that, use a heat protectant and hair sprays.
- Covering your head in winters can help you get the type of hair you desire. Wearing hats or scarfs can protect your hair and scalp from the dry air outside and keep your hair moisturized.
- Using the right shampoo is the ultimate solution. It cleanses your scalp deeply and moisturizes your hair as per the requirement. But again, we are talking about the right shampoo! Head & Shoulders gives you Head and Shoulder Cool Menthol Anti Dandruff Shampoo which is found to be very beneficial for your dry and dull hair. It is also an anti-dandruff shampoo that keeps your shoulder clean!
- Use the right conditioner. Conditioner can condition your hair in a way where it also moisturizes it as per the amount needed along with nourishing it. Deep conditioning your hair can lead to numerous long-term benefits. It also moisturizes the hair well and keeps it soft and hydrated.
Moisturizing hair means nourishing your hair with all the essentials and keeping it hydrated at the same time. Water is your hair’s best friend just like your body and it needs it as much!
PICK THE RIGHT MOMENT FOR YOUR HAIRCUT
New Year New Me? But don’t be too impulsive about it and wait for it. Cut your hair at regular intervals and you might see your hair grow faster. But understanding the time period is important. Hairstylists generally recommend an interval of around 2-3 weeks between your hair cuts. Getting your hair trimmed to an inch or half can help you get rid of the split-ends and give a boost to your hair growth. A hair cut is a way to control the damage that has been done to your hair throughout time. Haircuts also make you look fresh and become very easy to manage as it does not give you a bad hair day!
Understanding your hair cut pattern is a win-win for your hair as well as yourself. Getting a haircut at the right moment can lead to many more benefits like this and it also makes your hair look thicker!
PROTECT YOUR HAIR FROM CHLORINE
Do you enjoy being in the pool? Well, doesn’t sound like good news for your hair!Chlorine is a hard element to act on your hair and the presence of chlorine in the pool damages your hair if not careful. There are some ways in which you can avoid the damage caused by chlorine-
- Wash your head with normal tap water before entering the pool. That makes the hair wet and does not let it absorb the chlorine water. This reduces the hair damage caused in the pool.
- Apply coconut oil before entering the pool. The oil acts as a barrier in the water and does not let your hair absorb chlorine water.
- Tie your hair and then swim. Tying your hair can minimize the surface area for the chlorine to act on which ultimately results in lesser damage due to chlorine water.
- Use a swimming cap while swimming. It does not let the water touch your hair and protects it from the damage caused by chlorine.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo to moisturize the hair which dries up after a day in the pool due to the presence of chlorine. Condition your hair properly in order to keep it healthy.
This is a guide to understand your hair and minimize the damage caused by different elements around you. Take good care of your hair and make it look thicker and healthier with Head & Shoulders!