Shampoo For Oily Scalp And Hair
Greasy, oily hair needs to be treated with a shampoo that not only cleans your hair but clarifies it to lift the dirt and oil build-up.
It can feel frustrating to look in the mirror and see your hair clumped up together, lifeless and greasy. You try different products but nothing seems to work. It can cause anxiety and a general dread of leaving the house. But the answer is more straightforward than you’d think - to use the right shampoo for oily scalps.
Oily hair occurs when the body produces too much sebum – the scalp’s natural oil which keeps the skin moisturized and the hair supple. An overproduction of sebum causes your hair to appear limp and oily.
Oily hair can worsen by:
- Using styling products and sprays every day
- Washing too infrequently
- Frequent scalp touching (eg. scratching or running fingers through your hair)
- Smog and pollution
- Humid weather
- Hormonal changes
If you have particularly oily hair, you will need to make sure your hair care routine doesn’t make it worse.
Therefore, make sure you do the following:
- Wash frequently - 3x a week on average (more if you have fine or thin hair that tends to be oily, less if you have curly or coarse hair that tends to be dry)
- Wash your hair after exercise with an oily scalp shampoo as sweat spreads oil down your hair fibers
- Avoid over-brushing or touching your scalp too much; this spreads sticky scalp oils and makes fibers clump together, appearing dirty.
- Use non-greasy styling products
The key in selecting any shampoo is to always pick according to the current condition of your scalp. Find those which attack the oil on the scalp and the dirt that gets trapped with this excess oil. Such as a pH balanced shampoo for oily scalp that does not dry out your scalp. It’s important to not go for shampoos that can cause unnecessary drying, as this encourages excessive sebum production which further aggravates the problem. Avoid shampoos with heavy conditioning, as even though your hair needs moisture, it needs the right kind. Overall, find a shampoo for oily scalp that does not damage your hair and nourishes it instead.
The best defense against oily hair is to use a shampoo that deeply cleanses your scalp, and leaves your hair feeling soft.
Our Lemon Fresh Shampoo is the perfect shampoo for oily scalp which can deeply cleansing dirt and oil, while leaving your hair free from dandruff1. The formula with lemon essence combats stubborn oil and dirt without drying hair out.
Your scalp is left moisturized and your hair is soft to the touch, with a fantastic scent.
More tips and advice from the experts:
- Oily and greasy hair
- Washing and styling your hair