Have you been scratching your head constantly, thinking how to get rid of dandruff? If so, you have entered the right place! We are here to give you a hand on how to remove dandruff. Here’s a simple way that really works to keep dandruff at bay. So, are you ready to bring an end to this issue? Let's go!
Causes of dandruff
After all the dandruff-struggles you are going through, you would certainly want to know its causes, right? Well, it's not one but many. There are several reasons for the growth of dandruff on your head, such as dry skin, Malassezia - a fungus, psoriasis, oily skin, usage of chemical-based hair care products etc.
How to remove dandruff with Head & Shoulders?
How to get rid of dandruff?", "How to remove dandruff?", "Is there a solution to this?", "Can I ever live without dandruff?" Do these thoughts irritate you? All you need is the perfect dandruff solution. The best way is to use a dandruff shampoo that’s been proven to work against flakes, itching, redness and a dry scalp. To do that, you need one with the right active ingredient, like zinc pyrithione (ZPT) which you’ll find in all of Head & Shoulders’ anti-dandruff shampoos.
- ZPT works to tackle the root cause – the microbe Malassezia globosa which is present on everyone’s scalp.
- By tackling the root cause of the issue, it breaks the cycle of dandruff irritation rather than just treating the symptoms like other shampoos. But not all ZPT shampoos are the same.
- In Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoos, ZPT is combined with zinc carbonate too. Zinc carbonate paired with ZPT, helps keep the dandruff-fighting ingredient in its most effective form, for maximum power to fight dandruff better.
How to get rid of dandruff with the right shampoo & conditioner
Getting rid of dandruff is easier than you might think – with the right dandruff treatment products and the right hair care regime, you can wave goodbye to flakes. Here are the tips on how to remove dandruff…
- Choose an anti-dandruff shampoo that works There are plenty of anti-dandruff shampoos on the market, but they’re not all the same. To get rid of dandruff effectively, you need one with an active ingredient that’s proven to work. That’s where we come in – our shampoos all contain zinc pyrithione, the most tried, tested and trusted active ingredient against dandruff, making them the best dandruff remedy.
- Pick the right shampoo variant for youNext you need to decide on the right variant depending on your hair type, scalp concerns or even which scent you want. We’ve developed a whole range so whether you need to treat a dry and itchy scalp or want soft, silky hair, there’s a Head & Shoulders variant for you. You’ll also find shampoos specially designed for sensitive scalps which help to achieve stronger, thicker hair.
- Use anti-dandruff shampoo regularly This is a key step. While one wash may get rid of visible flakes, to keep dandruff at bay you need to use an anti-dandruff shampoo every time you wash your hair. And if you go back to using an ordinary shampoo, you can actually wash away some of the active ingredients on your scalp, making your anti-dandruff shampoo less effective.
- Match it with an anti-dandruff conditioner If you use a conditioner, make sure it’s designed to compliment your anti-dandruff shampoo. Many ordinary conditioners can wash away the dandruff-fighting ingredients in your shampoo. We’ve developed a whole range of anti-dandruff conditioners so whether you need to treat a dry scalp, get rid of itch or want soft, silky hair there’s a Head & Shoulders variant for you.
That’s it! Really simple – just keep on using Head & Shoulders and you’ll be able to find the answer to how to get rid of dandruff and flakes.
Other tips to get rid of dandruff at home
- Healthy Diet It's really important to make the right choice every time, no matter how bitter the choice can be, isn't it? Similarly, you must taste a little bit of bitterness and switch to healthy dieting for the improvement of your hair. A proper diet can help you have healthy hair and scalp. Most importantly, it will safeguard you from the rage of dandruff and various other infections.
- Keep your Hair Clean A rough weather or the various kinds of pollutants are the factors that keep you from having clean hair, thus leading to dandruff. As soon as you step outside, make sure you shield your hair from the sun and the dangerous pollutants. Wear a cap, scarf or anything you find suitable.Also, don't forget to dry your hair after exercising. If too much sweat gets collected in your hair, the problem will become worse.
- Stay HygienicIt's an interesting fact that we remain hygienic to certain things and unhygienic to some, don't we? For example, we never forget to brush our teeth in the morning right after we wake up but when it comes to basic hair-hygiene, we tend to shy away.
However, to avoid dandruff, it is extremely important and mandatory to maintain this hygiene.All you have to do is wash your hair brushes and pillow covers thoroughly, and promise to yourself that you won't share these items with others, no matter how close they are to you. Dandruff doesn't know your bond, right?
- Shampoo DailyBelieve it or not, shampooing everyday can help you bring positive results for your hair and dodge the problem of dandruff. It's something you must definitely give a try.While you get used to shampooing daily, try the Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo for better results. Choose from our wide range of variants like aloe vera, lemon etc. and live a happy life without dandruff!
- Aloe Vera Looking for a natural remedy to fight dandruff? The aloe vera ingredient is all you need. Although it is used for various other treatments, it's a perfect choice if you are thinking how to get rid of dandruff.
According to many studies, aloe vera possesses the power to defeat seborrheic dermatitis, which is a skin condition that is responsible for the cause of dandruff. Apart from that, it's a natural moisturizer that makes your hair as smooth as a feather.
- Squeeze some Lemon All set to make a mouth-watering lemonade? While you make one, save some lemons for your hair too. Lemon, the citric fruit containing vitamin C is a very good choice if you are wondering how to get rid of dandruff.
The vitamin C that's present in the lemon is enough to give you some peace of mind. It helps you get rid of oily & itchy scalp and dandruff. Hold on, that's not it! It also plays a major role in making your hair strong and healthy. And if you find the whole process of squeezing, mixing and applying tedious then you can simply resort to Head & Shoulders Lemon variant. The power of anti-dandruff fused with the goodness of lemon, what could be better than this!
- Give Neem a Shot Sick and tired of the embarrassing situations that dandruff puts you in? With the touch of neem, you won't have to experience that anymore.The neem leaves contain antimicrobial properties which are highly effective in treating dandruff. If you are still thinking how to remove dandruff, neem is all you need to think of.
- The Hot Towel Remedy No idea what this is about? We have got you covered. Grab your favourite towel and sink it in hot water for a few minutes. Now take it out and wait for some time until it becomes warm. Last of all, cover your head with the towel for nearly 20 minutes. And it's done! The dandruff will no longer be seen on your head.
Dandruff is something that's inevitable. But with a proper solution, it can be controlled and stopped. Get your hands on the Head & Shoulders Anti-dandruff shampoos and break up with the toxic relationship of dandruff!